Lecan Admin replied

499 weeks ago

I would be VERY careful using the actual app from this website. It won't give you a virus or anything of that nature, so no worries about that, however…

A few of the features I'm reading about in the FFXIVapp by Guildworks break FFXIV's ToS, or at the very least it could be argued that they do by SE. This isn't a problem of course, unless you get caught. Then you are banned and can say bye bye to your account.

There's a discussion going on about it on reddit, here.

Now, some people think Guildworks was sanctioned by SE to have this kind of functionality. I highly doubt it. SE has been pretty clear about their use of third party programs that give ANY advantage, even if it's just numbers (parsing). So if you use this app at all, do not mention it in game. SE does read the chatlogs and I don't want to see my guildmates banninated.

last edited 499 weeks ago by Lecan

Jenesys Alimvari replied

499 weeks ago

So as long as we don't download it, and just use the site/forum, we'll be alright, correct? Or is it using guild work period?

Lecan Admin replied

499 weeks ago

Just the app itself, the forums don't break the ToS in any way.

The APP however has functionality like being able to see shouts in any zone, as well as notification if any other guildwork member (in our guild or not) sees a Hunt mob. Both of these most definitely provide an unfair advantage according to SE and if they find you using the app, it's possible you could be banned.

Jenesys Alimvari replied

499 weeks ago

OK noted. I have not dl'd the app and don't plan to, but good to know ! Thanks man.

Keelie Kelley replied

274 weeks ago

Many websites give the virus that is very harmful to the computer we should be away from them. These type of software get the best essays they are complain it and then they are finish this is the easy way to away from these software.
Please log in to post a reply.